Great American Eyewear was founded on June 17, 2017. The company is the newest division of The Great American Doll Company which designs, develops, manufactures and distributes the best-selling brand of high-end dolls in history (www.greatamericandolls.com).
The company’s esteemed management team’s talent and imagination are legendary – a virtual Who’s Who of the international toy industry. This team includes founders Michael and Fredericka Lam, famed award-winning Italian artist and doll sculptor, Bruno Rossellini, as well as distinguished management executives who have steered the parent company for over thirty years.
MEET OUR TEAM
Award-winning Italian Artist and Sculptor, Bruno Rossellini
- The renowned award-winning Italian artist and doll sculptor, Bruno Rossellini signed an exclusive long-term contract with The Great American Doll Company in 1990, and has continued to serve as Director of Creative Design.
- Rossellini has designed numerous best-selling realistic dolls for the company and has recently signed on as head designer for Great American Eyewear's new line of patented luxury sunglasses entitled: American Presidents’ Private Collection.
- Rossellini is also responsible for overseeing the design of all Great American Eyewear products including frames, lenses, hinges, and new temple embellishment design/fine jewelry made from an exquisite18k solid gold bezel and sparkling white sapphire cabochon. This is the world’s first eyewear to hold a rare piece of American Presidential history -- an authenticated fragment of private property originally owned and worn by a President John F. Kennedy and First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy.
Following a generations-old European tradition of elegance and quality, Bruno Rossellini has once again proven his mastery of yet another art, this time by designing a majestic fine-jewelry temple setting for luxury eyewear. Using materials of 18K solid gold and white sapphire, his newest creation serves the dual purposes of holding and protecting the rare Presidential fragment, and beautifying Great American’s new line of sunglasses, like nothing else.
In a single stroke, Rossellini has melded the old with the new – the luxury and mystique of traditional European jewelry design, with an awe-inspiring patented process. And like other great Italian geniuses before him, such as Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, and Galileo, he has left an imprint in the Eyewear Industry that is destined to transform the way we see eyewear forever!
The construction of such a spectacular and unique setting design could only be entrusted to a jewelry maker who was trained in the best old world skills of professional European Masters of jewelry making. For this expertise, we selected a famous artist located in prestigious upscale community of Rancho Mirage, California.
Michael and Fredericka Lam, Company Founders
- Michael and Fredericka Lam are the founders of The Great American Doll Company (GADCO). In 1985, they developed and pioneered the first realistic doll designs into the market which transformed the girls' toy section of the international toy industry.
- Michael R. Lam is the founder of International Marketing and Sales Company, (IMSCO), the predecessor of GADCO. In 1981, after only one year in business, IMSCO became the largest designer, developer, manufacturer and distributor of the world’s highest quality doll components. The company began in Lam’s garage with a $5,000 loan from his father. Within sixteen months, without any additional investments, IMSCO's sales grew to over $7.3 million (with 90% margins). Neither Microsoft nor Oracle accomplished this.
- Fredericka D. Lam, M.Ed, is a former licensed counselor, SAG member and graduate of the highly selective and prestigious non-partisan Coro Foundation Leadership Training Program.
Notable Coro graduates include: Hon. Senator Dianne Feinstein; William Connelly, Strategic Analyst (ret.) The New York Times; The Hon. Senator and Vice Presidential Candidate, Tim Kaine; Alex Padilla, CA Secretary of State; Bruce Corwin, Chairman and CEO of L.A.’s Metropolitan Theater Corporation; Gene Siskel, Former Film Critic, Siskel & Ebert & the Movies; Phil Angelides, Former Treasurer, the State of California; Helen Dewar, Former Staff Writer, The Washington Post; Hon. Marvin Baxter, Associate Justice California Supreme Court; and other highly esteemed judges, congressmen, media and business persons.
Great American Dolls Repeatedly Broke Toy Industry Sales Records, were Featured in the Windows of Tiffany and Co., The White House Flower Shop, and were Purchased by Celebrities and International Leaders including Presidents, Prime Ministers, Heads of State, Fortune 500 CEO's and more.
- The company’s award-winning dolls have been featured in all eight windows of the world-famous Tiffany & Co., and have been sold at The White House Gift Shop, during the Reagan Administration.
The Great American Doll Company Has Won Numerous Industry Awards:
- Doll of the Year Awards (DOTY): Three Doll of the Year Awards; Six Nominations
- Dolls of Excellence Awards: Three Dolls of Excellence Awards; Four Nominations
A Partial List of The Great American Doll Company's Famous Customers:
- President Ronald Reagan/Other U.S. Presidents
- Brian Mulrooney, Former Canadian Prime Minister
- Frederick de Klerk, President of South Africa -- de Klerk was the President that freed Nelson Mandela from prison, after 27 years
- Danielle Steele, Author
- Candice Bergen, Actress
- Bob Shaffner, President, Rolls Royce Foundation
- Burt Reynolds, Actor
- Demi Moore, Actress
- Garry Marshall, Director, Pretty Woman, Happy Days, The Princess Diaries
- Roseanne Barr, Actress
- Whoopi Goldberg, Actress/Comedian/Host of The View
- And other famous leaders and celebrities who have requested anonymity
- The New York Times (Front page of the Sunday Styles Section)
- The Washington Post
- Reuters News
- South China Morning Post
- The Times of London
- The Miami Herald
- The Orange County Register (Front Page Cover Story)
- People Magazine
- USA Today
- Time Magazine
- The Orlando Sentinel
- Hello! Magazine (U.K.)
- The Gulf News (Kuwait)
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Sports Illustrated
- And other media outlets featuring realistic GADCO dolls depicting: international tennis star Gabriela Sabatini, Princess Diana, Jacqueline Kennedy, Marlene Dietrich, John F. Kennedy, Jr., and more.
- Good Morning America
- Live with Regis and Kathie Lee
- The Home Show (ABC)
- BBC (Horizon Series)
- AP Syndicated TV News
- The Late Show with David Letterman
- And more
- GADCO’s one-hour TV selling shows featured on QVC, HSN, and ShopNBC, broke electronic media records when the dolls repeatedly sold-out during the first 16-22 minutes of every show. (Average selling prices: $400; there were no returns from customers.)
- Many GADCO dolls completely sold-out on these TV selling shows in the first few seconds of the show, during the preview.
- The Great American Doll Company was named the most influential company in the industry by International Doll World magazine editor, Rebekka Montgomery, as a result of the company repeatedly breaking all industry sales and profits records, including sales to dealers and electronic media channels, as well as for the creation of numerous intellectual property assets that transformed the industry including: the world’s largest library of copyrighted doll designs, valuable trademarked brand-names, utility and design patents, and other well-known trademarked properties.
The Great American Doll Company and Great American Eyewear continue to create world-class patented processes to upgrade, enhance and uplift manufacturing technologies and doll design concepts for girls’ toy products as well as luxury designer eyewear.